What is this Adventure?

Full-time Mama & Part-time school social worker in the throes of toddlerhood at its best and worst. In my short tenure as a member of the prestigious Mamahood club, I find the reality of it all to be amazing, exhausting, hilarious, challenging, a blessing, lonely at times, nostalgic, guilt-ridden, and the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me...all at once. Sit back, read, laugh and cry with me on my adventure!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Swirling and swirling...

Yes, I feel a bit chaotic lately as if I haven't slowed down to take a deep breath since...well...um...I don't remember.

Let me tell you this funny story while it's on my brain, and then I'll get back to the rest of the updates (yes, this IS how my mind works lately, I'm all over the place!)

Yesterday Hazel looks at me so sincerely in the eyes and says, "Mama, I wish you never had a baby."
Woah.  This caught me off-guard, she has never expressed anything like this.
So, trying not to show any reaction in my face (as she is an EXPERT in reading non-verbals), I say, "Why's that, honey?"
She says super seriously, "because then you wouldn't have a dairy allergy."

I follow up with my best to validate her feelings while assuring her that I would choose a baby over eating dairy any day.  I think I have solved this issue for a while....until...

Today, this evening in fact.  She says, equally as serious to me as she is holding Paca (her doll), "Mama, I wish I never had a baby."  So I reply the same, "why's that, honey?"  And she sticks out her lower lip like a puppy dog and says (nearly crying), "because then I wouldn't have a dairy allergy!"

I did all I could not to giggle.  Instead, I gave her a big hug, told her that it was ok, and that I thought Paca would be ok if she ate a little dairy.  (This is after she has been "pumping" and nursing Paca on a daily basis lately...it's intense.)

Ok back to the life update.
Declan is growing up WAY to fast.  I walked into the family room the other day to see my eldest cheering on and enticing my seven month old to climb up the STAIRS!  AND HE DID!  Crazy.  Declan is my miracle baby.  I will always feel this way, I suppose.  The baby that some doctors told me would never make it, that I should have a DNC.  The baby that swam in a whole bunch of meconium.  The baby that was delivered in 2 1/2 hours while I ran a 102 fever.  He is the happiest little guy.  He squeals (literally) whenever he sees Kieran or Hazel walk into the room.  They simply walk on water to him.  I just love him to pieces.

Kieran is in his second year of preschool and loves it this year.  He finally had his first "play date" the other day and I thought he would float off into the clouds, he was so happy.  It nearly broke my heart when he said, "Mama!  I wanted a play date ALL year last year and I finally have one!"  What I couldn't bring myself to tell him was that his lack of play dates last year had much more to do with the fact that the kids' moms didn't call me after I gave them my number!  sniff sniff.  Sorry, Kier.  Mom has never been popular.

In family news, we are looking to move to a new place this fall.  We can't buy and still have to rent, but we will be making the move to Crystal Lake so that we can register Kieran for Kindergarten this winter.  Can you believe it?  KINDERGARTEN!?!?!  I'm trying not to think about it.  For fear I may cry up until Fall 2015.

Well, here are a few pic updates to check out...love you all!








No comments:

Post a Comment