What is this Adventure?

Full-time Mama & Part-time school social worker in the throes of toddlerhood at its best and worst. In my short tenure as a member of the prestigious Mamahood club, I find the reality of it all to be amazing, exhausting, hilarious, challenging, a blessing, lonely at times, nostalgic, guilt-ridden, and the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me...all at once. Sit back, read, laugh and cry with me on my adventure!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Does this look like the face of terror?



Don't let him fool you! 
Terror comes in all shapes, sizes, and forms of cuteness lately.

Now don't get me wrong, this little guy has me wrapped around his little cowlick, but he is wreaking havoc during his supposed nap and night sleep times. 
Not to mention he is a very private eater.  Please, Mama, only upstairs, in the quiet, no noise...oh and by the way, I mostly only like the right side please.  It tastes better.

Bottles?  None of that!
Pacifiers?  For pacifists!
No way, no how.  
He's been a fighter from the start....and thank God for that, really, because I believe he fought his way into birth!

Declan has been such a blessing in our lives.  No doubt he has rocked our boat, but he is just so beloved by his big sister and brother and of course his Mama and Daddy.  
Here's a little evidence of the love:

The kids adore him.  They fight over who gets to see him, play with him, talk to him, get their hair pulled by him.
And honestly, the kid is all smiles.  They are pulling at his limbs every which way, poking him, choking him....and he looks on with loving adoration.

Until bedtime.
(cue scary music)

But we'll get it under wraps.  Definitely by the time he's 18.

Here's a funny story about Kieran and Hazel before I go...
We went up to the Retirement Castle the other week.  Before we left, I didn't have much time to clean up and take care of the house...so, unfortunately, (don't tell my mom, she'd be mortified), we left the house with toys all over the family room.

When we returned, the kids were extremely suspicious.  This is what they had to say:
Kieran:  "Mama, someone was in our house!  They made a mess!"
Hazel:  "Someone made a messy house!"
Kieran: "Who DID this?!  Who made this MESS!?!?!"
Hazel:  "Someone took my magic wand!!!!  Who DID this?"
Kieran:  "yeah, our TOYS are MISSING!"
Hazel (starts crying):  "and where's my strawberry book!?"

I had to hold my gut in, it was SO FUNNY.
I then had to explain that in fact, THEY made the mess and that we didn't clean up before we left.
We then went around and found all the missing toys that the mystery thief didn't take.
Holy cow, man.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment