What is this Adventure?

Full-time Mama & Part-time school social worker in the throes of toddlerhood at its best and worst. In my short tenure as a member of the prestigious Mamahood club, I find the reality of it all to be amazing, exhausting, hilarious, challenging, a blessing, lonely at times, nostalgic, guilt-ridden, and the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me...all at once. Sit back, read, laugh and cry with me on my adventure!

Saturday, June 21, 2014

It's a Miracle, I've showered. Thank you, I'll sign autographs later...

I admit I sat down to write this blog update about five times.
Each time, something prevents me...
The baby woke up
Someone needs their bottom wiped
The dirty dishes are starting to creep out into the living room
You know, the regular day-in-and-out needs of a household.
But today, I am not leaving this computer until I post at least one picture and write at least five words about each kid.
Now, how's THAT for dedication?!

Ok, I better get to it!

Five Word Updates:

Kieran swim lessons and t-ball


Hazel potty trained and gymnastics




Declan laughing rolling hates night-time-sleep





Phew!  Ok, for real though...

Life with three kids is everything amped up a little bit more:
More love, more laughing, more fun
More crying, more sleepless nights, more stress
More joy, more amazement in my children becoming best friends
More kids fighting over attention and more feeling torn over to whom to give that attention

All in all, some days I feel like a super mama.
and some days I feel like a total and utter failure.
Everything is amped up!

We are off to a busy summer this year - we have two reunions with the Shermans and Fanellis, one of which we will be taking our first long trek in the car -- Pennsylvania!
I'll be sure to fill you in on how much hair I lost on that car ride!

We continue to be in a transition phase of our life -- trying to figure out what our next steps are with careers, where we will be living, and what's next for us!  I'll update you as I know more...

In the meantime, I am trying to just enjoy each day, realizing that it goes by oh so fast and wanting to hold on to my little ones as long as they are little!

1 comment:

  1. I still have trouble finding time to shower with two kids. Way to go on getting it done with three! :)

    ReplyDelete